Consumers are entitled, for instance, to receive information in writing above the purchase once this is done, every time an order is placed. Please read the following article so that you will be able to claim for your rights.
As a consumer, you are entitled to:
- Receive clear information about the offered goods or services prior to the purchase.
- Receive confirmation in writing with this information once your order is fulfilled.
- Cancel your order or rescind your contract if you do not receive the information in writing within 3 months.
- Get a complete refund of your money in case that you do not obtain the goods or services within the agreed scheduled time. If you did not fix a delivery time and this exceeds 30 days, you are entitled to obtain two times the price you paid. In case of stock out, sellers must inform consumers and refund their money within 30 days (otherwise sellers are obliged to double the price).
- Send the order back or to cancel the contract getting an entire refund within 7 working days after the date of the purchase or acceptance of the contract.
However there are several cases in which cancelation or refund are not allowed:
- If you asked for a handmade product according to your personal requirements.
- When buying short-life products such as flowers, food or beverages.
- If you opened a sealed item such as CDs, DVDs, etc., since they may be copied.
- When obtaining daily newspapers, magazines, newsletters, etc. since they quickly lose their value.
- When the price of the item depends on the variation of stock markets, for example financial services such as insurances or bank products.
- Online auctions. You must be careful when buying in an auction because unlike other means of selling, auctioneers may deny their responsibility. Please read carefully auction conditions.
(Source: Asociación Usuarios de Internet)